JAA FNPT II / FAA FTD L5.
General Information B737
Cockpitsonic Solutions B737 Trainer is a replication of the actual Boeing 737NG flight deck. All flight deck controls, panels, knobs, switches and other components found in the actual aircraft flight deck are replicated in size, look, feel and functionality in the device. In addition to hardware, the aircraft systems and avionics are simulated in great detail to ensure the ability to train all phases of flight under normal, abnormal, and emergency conditions. Behind the flight deck is a fully enclosed instructor station with sufficient room for the instructor and an observer. Outside and in front of the device is a massive tall curved projection screen that the synthetic world is projected on by three high definition projectors that are mounted above the device.
The result of the replicated flight deck, highly accurate software and massive visual system is a completely immersive training environment that puts pilots in an incredibly realistic simulated environment where they can learn jet flying skills that are nearly impossible to train using
- Boeing 737NG Flight Deck
- Visual System
- Instructor Station
- Intercom system
- it Hardware
- Boeing software infrastructure
- Synthetic World Representation
- Digital Sound and vibration
The flight deck contains the following:
• Replica Boeing panels, highly accurate in size and text placement with accurate switches and knobs.
• Replica Boeing interior trim pieces, highly accurate in size and shape to give the cockpit a realistic look.
• Replica Boeing dual-linked self-centering rudder pedals with toe brakes, adjustable fore and aft with optional control loading (only standard for JAA FNPT II / FAA FTD L5).
• Replica Boeing dual-linked yokes with Control Loading (JAA FNPT II)
• Replica Boeing thrust levers motorized complete with reverse levers, trim wheels, speed brake and TOGA switches.
• Replica Boeing flap levers complete with gates.
• Replica Boeing tiller (CPT and FO), parking brake and alternate gear extension handle.
• Replica Boeing Captain and Copilot seats capable of forward and backward mechanical adjustment.
• Intercom system for communications between pilots, observer and instructor. (JAA FNPT II / FAA FTD L5).
• Oxygen mask with intercom (JAA FNPT II / FAA FTD L5).
The visual system (hardware contains):
• 180 degree horizontal and 30 degree vertical, curved, movie-quality projector
screen and frame.
• Three overhead projectors to create the high defi nition visual
environment that simulates frontal and side window visual effects.
• Structure for projector support.
Full enclosures with collimated displays are available upon request.
Instructor station enclosure with Instructor desk, two 20” flat panel touch
monitors. Intuitive Instructor Operating Station software capable of:
• Easily repositioning the aircraft to a variety of ground and flight positions
• Adjusting the time to include dawn, day, dusk, night.
• Adjusting the weather such as: winds, cloud cover, visibility, rain and snow.
• Loading saved scenarios to include: aircraft position, aircraft confi guration
and weather parameters.
• Simulating a variety of failures to include, but not limited to: engine failures/
fires, APU fires, cargo fires, hot/hung starts, flap and gear malfunctions,
electrical failures as well as minor system faults.
• Displaying a moving map that shows aircraft position, surrounding airports,
and navigational aids.
• Four place intercom system with volume and squelch control
• Line in capability
• Line out capability (included in FNPT II / FTD L5)
Industrial server computer cabinet, locking rear door, and metal sides.
One Image Generator Computer with:
• Intel Core I7 Quad processor
• 16 GB memory
• 2 GB graphics processors
• SSD Hard drive
Four Systems Computers installed in second rack with:
• Intel processor
• 2 GB memory
• SSD Hard drive
· Realistic Boeing dual Multi Function Displays with multiple display
formats, capable of displaying flight plan route, navigation aids,
range to altitude and airports.
· Realistic Boeing dual Primary Flight Displays with pilot controlled vspeeds, MDA/DH, and barometric pressure.
· Realistic Boeing ECAM system to include primary and status pages with appropriate information displayed to include messages, engine gauges, engine vibration gauges, etc., as well as detailed system pages.
· Realistic Boeing Dual Radio Tuning Units capable of tuning navigation and communication frequencies, ADF frequencies, and setting transponder codes.
· Realistic Boeing FMS/CDU with world wide database that allows pilots to:
o Create flight plans incorporating DPs, STARS, IAPs, and jet airways.
o Manipulate flight plans by creating new waypoints, deleting waypoints, extending intercept lines from waypoints, creating place bearing distance waypoints, creating waypoints +/- nm from existing waypoints.
o Input performance data such as temperatures for normal and flex takeoffs and input weights for cargo, fuel, and passengers.
o Tune navigation, communication, ADF frequencies, and set transponder codes.
o Configure MFD display data.
· Realistic Boeing Auto Flight Control System with lateral modes to track headings or navigation signals and vertical modes to track GS signals, climb/descend in IAS or VS modes to capture preselected altitudes incorporating a flight director for both pilot and copilot.
· Realistic Boeing Systems program to allow pilots to control APU and engine starts/shutdowns and control electrical, hydraulic, environmental, anti-ice and fuel systems with proper response to pilot inputs and tests.
· Realistic Boeing Audio Integration System with warning and caution chimes, aural warnings, fire bells, over-speed cues, and tests.
Cockpitsonic uses Lockheed Martin’s Prepare3D simulation/visual
• Detailed and accurate representations of a global database including
detailed runways, taxiways, terminal buildings, gates, and ground equipment.
• Dynamic 3-D Immersion realism that includes buildings, landmarks,
navigational aids, and accurate geographical landscapes.
• AutoGen technology that provides geotypical object and texture coverage
over the whole surface of the Earth.
• Landscapes with moving vehicles, birds and animals.
• Dynamic weather with complete control over winds, barometric pressure,
cloud layers, precipitation
• Vibration transducers installed in Captain and Copilot seats
• Amplifi cation control unit (included in FNPT II / FTD L5)
Maintenance & Service
The Boeing 737NG Jet Trainer requires no formal maintenance from CockpitSonic Solutions personnel; therefore there are no direct maintenance costs to estimate. However, the device does need minor regularly scheduled maintenance that should be completed by Generic State technicians. The suggested maintenance includes:
- Regular sweeping of the flooring
- Dusting of instructor station desk.
- Dusting of cockpit (panels, dash, etc.)
- Checking components for loose screws and/or nuts and tightening
The Experience A320 Trainer is a replication of the actual Airbus A320 Flight deck.
All flight deck controls, panels, knobs, switches and other components found in the actual aircraft flight deck are replicated in size, look, feel and functionality in the device.